How you can join
The Undergraduate Student Government is an integral part of the Mines community, ensuring that student voices are heard loud and clear. As student representatives, we attend committee meetings, such as Parking, Food, and Public Safety, to give constructive feedback in those areas. In addition, USG votes on resolutions that typically involve fees or large changes on campus.
All representatives hold their position for one academic year, and elections for the following year run in the Spring semester. All positions are up for grabs during the election season except for Secretary, Parliamentarian, and Treasurer. For more information regarding elections in the Spring, check back here around March/April.
On rare occasions, representative positions become available during the academic year. If you are interested in filling one of those positions, make sure to be certain that it is the position you are most interested in. Follow the steps below if you are filling a position.
- Check out the About Us page link above to learn more about the position.
- Follow the instructions to fill out the application in the sidbar to the right.
- You may need to complete an interview depending on the position, so keep an eye out for an email on interviews.
If you have any questions about elections, or filling a position in USG, email us at MinesUSG@gmail.com.
- Vice President
- Student Board of Trustees Representative (BOT)
- At-Large to the Insitution
- At-Large to the Faculty
- At-Large to the Community
- Senior Class President
- Senior Class Representative (x3)
- Junior Class President
- Junior Class Representative (x3)
- Sophomore Class President
- Sophomore Class Representative (x3)